Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tiny Empires - The HUD Game

Countess JellyBean Madison & Dame Akasha Nyak @ StrayLight

Some of ya'll have either:
A. Heard me talking about it or
B. I have threatened you into my service. :p

Here's the run down... Tiny Empires is a HUD based game. No specific sim needed etc. You can wear it & participate while dancing, playing tringo, shopping or just veggin'.

Tiny Empires is a massively multiplayer game that you play entirely in the HUD window in Second Life. The game is set in medieval England, during the time of feudalism: 1100-1300 CE. The goal of the game is to grow your empire by purchasing land, by gaining followers, and by earning gold.

In this game, you are sworn to the service of a "liege," a feudal lord. You are known as the Liege's "subject," and other subjects of the same liege are known as your "fellows." Your liege may be a subject of another liege higher up the hierarchy. This hierarchy goes all the way up to the King. Eventually you will gain subjects of your own. All of these roles are played by other Second Life residents who are playing Tiny Empires along with you.

You pay a portion of your income to your liege. This is called "homage" and your homage rate depends on your level of nobility. The higher you are, the less you pay in homage.

Your income comes from two places:
1) Homage from any subjects under you,
2) Any land you own.
Each acre of land you own produces a certain amount of gold, depending on its production rate.

When you first join the game, you may choose a liege that you already know. Just stand next to the Tiny Empires player *ahem, JellyBean Madison or HawksRock Gunawan* you would like to join. If you don't choose a liege, you may opt to have a liege assigned to you by the king.

Tiny Empires is a turn-based game where each turn represents one month of game time. You can see the date in the upper left corner of the HUD. Each turn, the game will show you various offers and notices that you can act on. It will also show the lists of your subjects and fellows, and a summary of the gold accounting from the previous turn.

The turns change automatically every few minutes. When there is a Yes/No offer available to you, you can answer Yes or No up until the time of the next turn. At that point your answer is locked in and will be processed by the game. The clock in the upper right corner of the HUD will tell you approximately how much time is left until the next turn.

Interested? IM me... I'll hook ya up :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

oh ma gawd! :o imma hooked!!!

Anonymous said...

No screenshots?? What kind of wannabe liege are you?? ;-)

You know I want to participate in your little game, but I'm afraid it will make me run around yelling "I want to buy a cottage!" for hours on end. ;-)

♥ JellyBean Madison ♥ said...

Ok ok I'll get you a screenshot. :p *mumbles - you pain in my ass* :D No seriously I shoulda got one before I lost my Countess title. And I got me stinkin cottage *cheese* and I have a servant house & a barn for my oxen Wuwu! So neener neener :p

Anonymous said...

Ok, I know I'm a day late and dollar short, but this sounds like so much fun!! I had to backtrack through the posts to find the start. Very very tempting..may have to convince some friends to do it with me and find a liege. :o)