Join the Group!
The Things To Do group is a fun, friendly, Second Life group where members get a group notice every day telling them about a cool new island, a new build, or something weird and exotic they should go and see. It's a way of addressing the "what can I do now?" issue many new residents have in Second Life, but also a way of hooking up with like minded geeky adventurers and making friends while exploring new things.
If you'd like to join the group, do the following:
- Login to Second Life, hit the "Search" button at the bottom of the screen
- Enter Things To Do in the search box, and hit find
- Join for free, buy hitting the join button
If you don't wish to receive notices by email, then go to edit / preferences / communications and uncheck 'Send IM to Email.Already part of the group? Invite friends:
* Right click yourself, and choose Groups
* Find the Things To Do group and double click to open it's window
* Go to the Members and Roles tab, and hit the 'Invite new person' button
* Now hit the 'open person chooser' button
* If you click the first person in the calling cards window at the bottom, then scroll to the last one and it SHIFT-Click, it will highlight ALL your friends (this is good!), then press the select button.
*Lastly, once all your friends are selected hit the SEND button
That's it. The process is a bit involved, but it will really help strengthen the group if we all do this once a month to make sure that all of our friends are invited. If you have questions, or need help, IM me, 57 Miles