Saturday, July 21, 2007

Is Hawks Still Entitled to be on this Blog?

Sooo, I haven't really blogged anything in a week now... and I am feeling a bit behind. For those of you that don't know, my RL situation has changed up a bit and I am not able to devote the kind of time to SL that I was before. A combination of a new job and the library delivering the next two books of my latest fav series have greatly cut into my SL time. Jelly and I went from having anywhere from 8-16?? hours a day to hang on SL to only getting about 3 or 4 hours on weekdays and then as much as we can squeeze into the weekends. That was more than a bit of an adjustment, so I cut back on blogging a tad, cuz no offense but I would rather spend that time hanging with Jelly, rather than telling you all about the little bit of time I am getting with her. Plus as we all know, Jelly can keep the fires burning on new content quite sufficiently all on her own (said with more than a tad of understatement.)

But anyways to catch up on a few topics:

Hawk's Tringo:
Still going strong, but we are running short on hosts, and with my time being pulled away from game, we aren't providing the number of shifts that I would like. It's okay though, I still get a great crowd of people for when I am able to host, and I greatly appreciate everybody who comes to play! Lately, Jelly and I have to be kind of careful because between the two of us we have the potential to win 95% of the games depending on who we have playing... and we don't want to turn people away, but hey we are kinda good at this game, so bring it! The problem being that we have started really trash talking each other during the games, so both of our competitive juices get to flowing (cuz GAWD we are both ultra competitive) and then we really kick it up a notch.

Jelly time:
There is a little something to the old adage that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I have to say that I always love hanging with her, but when we know we only have a few hours, we really cram in the fun and try really hard to make the most of it. Last night, I swear we spent 2.5 hours just totally laughing our asses off as the mood evolved from playful banter, to frisky fun, to rolling down laughing while crashing the sim kinda hijinks. Things are going great, and I am very thankful every day that I have something to look forward to on the drive home.

Jelly's Rez Day Party:
Okay many of you out there, well about 70 of you to be exact received a notecard from me with a request to send me the 4 top words that describe Jelly, your favorite Jelly story, and also to send me any fav pics from the last three years. I had lofty goals for a surprise party to end all surprise parties, but actually ended up only getting 8 of them back. So if you are one of the 8, I thank you very much, but if you weren't then you are all bastards and betches every one of you... lol. Anyways, I decided to go a different route for Jelly's party which requires her participation, because I needed access to her inventory, so stay tuned for more to come on what will hopefully still end up being a blast of a rez day party. Coming to a sim near you on 7/29. So anyways, the surprise portion is out, but the fun is still on.

JH Report:
Okay, I think I officially take the blame for the temporary stoppage in the JH report. Jelly and I had a great division of labor going for a bit, where we would get together agree on an idea, I would write the script, we both would record our portions, and Jelly would handle all the filming, editing, and post-production work. This was a fairly time intensive process, and I just am not feeling it strong enough to spend that much of my limited weekend time busting it out. I am sure we will be doing more of them, but they will probably be much more sporadic than weekly.

Well that catches me up a bit for now... I am sure I will have more to come... Peace to everybody, and hope you are enjoying your summer.

No comments: