Sunday, December 2, 2007
"Eight Random Facts" - Meme
So dammit, here I thought I was being all coy in making sure that Jell did NOT tag me, and low and behold she worked behind the scenes, and I come in today to 4 tags... grrr. But anyways, I spose I can handle this little piece of me or meme??
“Eight Random Facts” meme.
Here are the rules:
(1) Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
(2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
(3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
(4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
So here's my facts...
1) I am the oldest of 7 siblings... and we aren't mormon, so what religion does that leave?? anyone... anyone... I am not practicing any religion atm... fyi.
2) My dad put me to work summers in a beef packing plant to make me value my education, where I was the only one on my line that spoke English. There were three guys speaking Spanish and 2 speaking Vietnamese. It was still interesting to see how well you can relate and communicate when you have to via hand signals and loud grunts. Another interesting job I had was "shagging" trailers at a friend of my fathers trucking company when I was only 16. Nothing like getting your license and then moving several ton 18-wheelers around in the summer.
3) I own a lifetime Thespian membership. I won the best actor in a major role award in high school my junior year, but I had 3 of the four nominations, because I did ALL of the plays and one-acts that year.
4) I was president of the Jr Class where we raised $35,000 for our prom. The previous record had been $10,000. Needless to say we built the entire set from the Phantom of the Opera complete with real marble statues.. lol.
5) My favorite sport to play is tennis, where I typically play twice a week in the summer. I have a couple of leagues that I enjoy a lot.
6) In college I received a BA in American History with an emphasis on Race Relations. I wrote my honor's thesis on the Exodusters, a group of African-Americans that migrated to Kansas in a large group following the Civil War. I focused on their expectations of what they would find, and how they were received by the local community.
7) I took a month long backpacking trip through Europe right after I graduated college. It was an amazing opportunity that I wouldn't trade for anything in the world.
8) In one of my recent jobs, I had the opportunity to travel all over Latin America. So as of this point in my life I have been to the following countries: USA, Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Greece, Austria, Switzerland, Mexico, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Honduras, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Trinidad & Tobago, Panama, El Salvador, and Guatemala. Yes, I have filled two passports, because I went to many of these multiple times.
That concludes my 8 facts, so I am going to tag: Mygdala March, Alexander Burgess, Esteban, Gillian, Alexx Markova, Kitty Lalonde, Orchid, and Zoe.