Monday, July 23, 2007

Fashion is as fashion does....

So I received and IM yesterday evening requesting an MGG2SL post. That's always exciting and I do enjoy getting feedback from readers telling us what they would like our spin on. If anything, we are opinionated. We also don't do things half-assed. If possible we do try to get some research done so we at least have some clue about our spewage topics. In this particular case it was regarding the Lu sisters of Paper Couture. I'm not going to get all into it because as of tonight Rosie & I came to one conclusion - There's no story here.

So this got me talking with another friend about the world of SL fashion. It's always nice to get a guy's opinion on stuff most women would think they [men] had no clue on. He & I have been in SL a very long time and we've seen trends come & go. I'm going to be honest and say that I can on occasion jump on a trendy band wagon. In fact there may have been a time or two where an intervention was needed. I would have to say that lately I am more into the mix & match phase of my SLife where I still would like to think I'm fashionable but less of a follower.

This brought me to why I'm not really a fashionista. Well that's what *I* was thinking. Then I went and looked up the definition. The terms "fashionista" or "fashion victim" refer to someone who slavishly follows the current fashions (implementations of fashion). I guess I do to some point, but in the end I probably wear it differently than what was intended. I would rather put a Jelly touch on something than to run around looking like a fashion release clone.

I do skim the fash blogs but I don't really read them, or get into the drama. It's more like "Look! Pictures!" type of thing and if I see something I like, I try to find it unless of course they blog like idiots with no format. In that case I chalk it up to not worth the time to read & decipher wtf they shopped. So anyways this post has no real point other than me saying that "I'm not one of them", I suppose. Oi! Good time for my disclaimer...

JellyBean Madison is not a journalist. Her posts contain nonsense and things "not needed to be said" on many occasions. This is her place to whine and complain or just state the obvious. Ahem hence *MY* blog! You can either read it or not. Thank you.

No comments: