Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Clockworks - unplugged


So I am still recovering from Alex's kick ass set last night, that featured not one, but TWO great cure songs, one of which featured Myg and Alex on vocals along with their band!! As if that wasn't already over the top, he dropped another track with Myg on vocals, to round out what was already a totally rocking set!! Sooo, how am I going to come back tonight and follow that sort of anti-Monday spectacular? By going the complete opposite direction of course....

Tonight I am doing an all acoustic-ish set from 6-8 pm SLT at Clockworks. (It is 98% acoustic, so I couldn't quite say it is tote acoustic.) Yes there will be The Cure.... Yes there will be Radiohead... Yes there will be many other alternative bands that you know and love, but this time they will be unplugged and sharing a side of their music that you may or may not have heard before. They talk, you hear some clapping, their voices squeak on occasion, but it is true raw fun music in a different light... Kick on the birks, bring your lighter, we are serving up double espresso's all around, so don't miss out!

2 comments:

Garrett Larkham said...

I really enjoyed it Hawks! A well put together set:)
Will you do another Unplugged set in the future?

HawksRock said...

Never say never Garrett! I am sure I will do one at some point in time, but I kinda like to keep mixing it up and trying different things so it will be a month or so before that comes around again. :)