Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Reflections....

“We all have our time machines. Some take us back, they're called memories. Some take us forward, they're called dreams.”

Hawks & I spent a couple hours a day over the past three days going through over 5000 snapshots of my SLife documented on Snapzilla. It's surprising how much of memory is built around things unnoticed at the time. At first it was fun going through my past & sharing funny moments with Hawks, explaining the picture & laughing at some of the trends I tried to pull off. As we got a little further some memories were harder to swallow. I made the mistake of deleting chunks of my past out of anger, frustration, or whatever I was feeling at the time of deletion, so a lot of fun moments are missing (i.e wand stalking, living next to Killian, Club Abnocto, etc). I've learned my lesson & won't do that again. :p Okay, I might. Iunno. I make no promises.

I was told today via email, "Can't enjoy ur "now" without spitting on ur "then" can you JB." That was not spitting, it's not very ladylike. Duh! No, seriously, I was not spitting, my past is my past. Regardless. I would like to think of it this way... You learn from your mistakes, everything you live through builds you into who you are today. Even in a virtual world.

No comments: